101. The 155th Judicial District is enabled by V.T.C.A., Government Code Sec. 24.254. Austin, Fayette and Waller counties comprise the district. Waller County is also served by the 9th Judicial District.
102. Waller County has a statutory county court enabled by V.T.C.A., Government Sec. 25.2391 and Sec. 25.2392.
103. Austin County has a statutory county court enabled by V.T.C.A., Government Code Sec. 25.0101 and Sec. 25.0102.
104. Fayette County has no statutory county court.
105. When concurrent jurisdiction exists with the respective statutory courts and the 155th District, the statutory court is the proper court in which to file.
106. District court filings in Waller County are rotated between the 9th District and the 155th District in random sequence.
107. Fayette and Austin Counties are in the Third Administrative Judicial Region.
108. Waller County is in the Second Administrative Judicial Region.
109. Cases appealed from the 155th District Court sitting in Fayette County are appealed to the Third Court of Appeals (Austin).
110. Cases appealed from the 155th District Court sitting in Austin County and Waller County are appealed to the First Court of Appeals or the Fourteenth Court of Appeals (Houston).
Main | Calendar | Local Rules | Daily Dockets